2011 Pittsburgh Coal Conference to focus on CCT and CCS
A quick note for Coalblog readers to let you know about the upcoming Pittsburgh Coal Conference (PCC).
I recently received an email from an acquaintance at NETL, requesting that I let our readers know about the addition of a financial and technology demonstration track to this year’s conference.
From the conference brochure,
PCC’s Major Carbon Capture and Sequestion (CCS) Demonstration Projects will feature technical and business discussions about major clean coal technology (CCT) demonstration projects. Six technical sessions will address current U.S. and international efforts. Three business sessions will cover-
- Financing CCS and other CCT projects
- Investing in energy and power
- Insurance risk management strategies
Keynote speakers at this event will include:
- Charles McConnell, Chief Operating Officer, DOE Office of Fossil Energy
- Thomas Bonner President, Cogentrix Energy, LLC
- Steve Herman, Managing Director, Energy Capital Partners
- Steve Orlins, President, National Committee on U.S.-China Relations
The PCC will be held September 12-15, 2011,
at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, PA.