White House Petition – Request for Grassroots Support
We are reposting a request for grass roots supporters of the coal industry to take a few moments and sign the Citizens for Recycling First petition on the White House web site.
The short description of the petition is that is asks supporters to make use of the White House’s new “We the People” program in support of coal combustion products recycling. We need 5,000 signatures in 30 days. But let’s not stop at 5,000. Let’s show the White House how important the coal combustion products recycling industry is to this country.
Please help us to protect coal ash recycling by signing the petition and making your voice heard in Washington.
Here is the full text of the Citizens for Recycling First request. PLEASE!! Go and do it today!! Our industry needs your support more than ever.
May we request your support in urgently mobilizing your employees and grassroots networks to gather signatures on a White House petition that encourages coal ash recycling and opposes a “hazardous waste” designation for coal ash?
Citizens for Recycling First has placed a petition on a new White House website that promises a response from the Obama Administration if we can get 5,000 signatures in 30 days. You can sign the petition by clicking here: http://wh.gov/gu4
The White House recently launched a program called “We the People” that is designed to “provide you with a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.”
Citizens for Recycling First’s petition reads: “We believe the Obama Administration should protect coal ash recycling by promptly enacting disposal regulations that do NOT designate coal ash a ‘hazardous waste.’” The 5,000 signatures must be gathered by October 24 in order to compel a response from the White House.
In addition to signing the petition, there are at least five easy ways you can help reach the 5,000-signature goal. For instance:
1. Encourage family members, friends and business associates to visit the White House website and sign the petition.
2. Use your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to encourage people in your networks to sign the petition.
3. While you are on Facebook, ask all of your friends to “Like” Citizens for Recycling First so we can keep them informed on our progress. This link will take you to the Citizens for Recycling First Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-for-Recycling-First/272289416066
4. Add this reminder to the bottom of all of your outgoing email messages: Click here to petition President Obama to support coal ash recycling (http://wh.gov/gu4). (Cut and paste that hyperlinked message into your Outlook email template by selecting Tools / Options / Mail Format / Signatures / Email Signatures. You can also format the message to make it stand out!)
5. Ask your employer or trade association to activate its grassroots network to support this petition drive.
Thanks very much for your consideration!
Once again, we ask that you please help us to protect coal ash recycling by signing the petition and making your voice heard in Washington.