2014 Coal Market Strategies – Domestic Development Session
Have you registered for the 2014 Coal Market Strategies Conference in Park City, Utah on August 11 – 13?
During our two-day program, Session I presenters will focus on Domestic Developments.
Coal / Gas Dynamics and Market Implications 2014 and Beyond:
- What are the domestic coal market implications from the winter’s increased demand and the need for stockpile rebuilding?
- What are the impacts of changing natural gas demand, supply, storage replenishment, and infrastructure issues on coal markets?
Speaker: Anthony Sweet, Senior Energy Analyst, Bentek Energy, a unit of Platts
Norfolk Southern – Carrying Coal and Optimizing Opportunity:
- Learn more about Norfolk Southern’s general economic outlook, current and expected coal demand.
- Learn about Norfolk Southern’s coal network performance, resources, and fleet optimization measures.
Speaker: David Lawson, Vice President – Coal, Norfolk Southern Corporation
Regulation-Induced Pressures to Grid Reliability:
- What are the key takeaways from the recent National Mining Association grid reliability study?
- What would have been the impacts on power and gas markets if coal units retiring in 2014-2016 had not been available in the winter of 2014?
- What would be the impact of a hot summer scenario?
- Learn about the potential reliability impacts on our generation system related to the EPA’s proposed carbon regulations under Clean Air Act 111(d)
Speaker: Tom Hewson, Principal, Energy Ventures Analysis, Inc.